In the twenty-first century, the lives of citizens is much more hurried and less appreciated. There is no time to cultivate or to stop and think where the foods that are available in the supermarket comes from. Also in this same century, people are concerned about or wish to have vessels with their own plants. The chosen vessels are usually herbs (parsley, chives, basil, oregano, coriander, mints and thyme are the main elect) to perfume the house and spice meals.
There are new methods and technologies that allow people to grow all kinds of plants at the same time and at home in front of the window.
The interior vertical farming system allows the cultivation of several species, without occupying much space, one of the best systems is Windowfarms that was designed to be placed inside at the window side of the house which allows plants to take advantage of sunlight and the more controlled temperature inside the housing.
The vertical interior farming system allows the cultivation of several species, without occupying much space, one of the best systems is Windowfarms that was designed to be placed inside at the window side of the house which allows plants to take advantage of sunlight and the more controlled temperature inside the house. The prototype was built from plastic bottles cut (pot effect) and contains two water reservoirs that channeled liquid rich in nutrients, air pump sends the nutrients to the upper vessel then drains into the lower vessel, excess water re-enters the lower reservoir to be reused.
This system can be done by yourself
Plastic bottles used
Hydroponic pots (net cup)
Clay balls / clay pellets
Bead chain ladder
Couplers bead chain ladder
Twine or short bead chain ladder
1. Paint half the bottle with ink (preferably black) to protect the roots from light. The light causes the appearance of algae that can jeopardize the health of the plant.
2. Remove the bottom of the bottle and cut a hole in the front of the bottle to enter the plants.
3. Screw the hooks to the window frame. Hang the Correira all the hooks.
4. Pass the cord (short strap) across the bottles (pass the cord through the bottles) and join the vertical structure with coupling accounts chains.
5. Add the bottles vertically and connecting the reservoirs of water to the air pump. The bottles must be arranged by: 8 potted plants also distruibidos of 2 or 3 columns columns (two vessels 3 in each column and a second vessel) or 4 plants in a single column.
6. Wait for the birth or development of plants.
DIY: Do it yourself
If you found an error, highlight it and press Shift + Enter or click here to inform us.