The pineapple is a tropical fruit with intense flavor, sweet, fresh and juicy, great for ice cream, desserts, fruit salads, juices, smoothies and natural. The nutritional quality of this fruit is directly related to its external physical characteristics (skin color, size and shape of the fruit). Moreover, the internal properties present in the pulp give the pineapple a set of chemical constituents responsible for the taste, flavor and nutritional value.
The pineapple is rich in fiber and minerals (phosphorus, potassium, iron, calcium and magnesium). The fruit contains numerous compounds which facilitate digestion and promote the proper functioning of the digestive system – the responsible enzyme is bromelain, which is anti-inflammatory and acts at the level of some diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis. The vitamin complex values the pulp of this fruit: vitamins A, B1, C (antioxidant that is, combat free radicals) and E. Vitamin E provides an antioxidant action that helps to protect cells and tissues from various injuries and external aggressions. The pineapple is laxative, diuretic and purifies the skin.
The pineapple besides being beneficial to health can also be used as decorative.
The fruit, when small, is used in floral arrangements. The pineapple beautifies the home in decorative vases.
Pineapple plant in a pot:
1. Choose a pineapple with green leaves, cut the fruit 2,5 cm below the crown.
2. Remove all of the pulp and leave only the central portion, which is tough and stringy.
3. Leave to dry for two or three days to prevent rotting in a dry, cool and bright.
4. Place the fruit in a plastic container with water and wait a few days until the roots begin to grow.
5. Cut the lower leaves of the plant crown and a pot 10 cm in diameter on a layer of sand. Leave the pot in a good light and temperature of 23ºC.
6. One month later, the plant should be transferred to a larger pot (which should contain a mixture of 2 parts of fibrous earth, 1 part peat and 1 part sand).
Watering and fertilize often.
DIY: Do it yourself
If you found an error, highlight it and press Shift + Enter or click here to inform us.