4 slices of cod * or hake
1.5 kg potatoes
1 large onion chopped
1.5 dl of olive oil
1 tablespoon of butter
Juice of half a lemon
Butter (for greasing)
1. Peel and cut the potatoes into slices (not too thin).
2. Take a pan on the stove with enough water (and a little salt) to cover the potatoes and the fish. Let boil for 10 minutes.
3. Reserve the cooking water and drain the potatoes.
4. Remove the cooked fish and remove the skins and bones. Flake/shred the fish.
5. In a large skillet/frying pan, bring to the boil the butter, olive oil and chopped onion.
6. once the onion is soft and translucent, add the fish and potatoes. Braise for 15minutes, without stopping stirring until potatoes are well broken and mixed with the fish.
7. Add a little of the cooking water to reserved so that the mixture be cuter andconsequently easier to mix.
8. Season to taste with salt, pepper, lemon juice and chopped fresh parsley.
9. Pre-heat the oven to 200ºc. Grease an oven tray with butter and cover with theprepared.
10. Sprinkle liberally with bechamel sauce and bake Gratin (gain color).
Remove from the oven depending on the preference of the golden-brown color.
Suggestion: Serve warm and accompany with a salad to taste.
* Codfish Portuguese style: dried and cured in salt.
For desalting cod:
The desalting time depends on the height of the folded following the statement:
24 hours a height cm from the thickest part placed approximately Water should be changed at least two times a day, adding a few ice cubes is renewed each time the water.
If you found an error, highlight it and press Shift + Enter or click here to inform us.